Dear Prayer Partners
Please pray for the 5 areas where we work (see map). That the Lord Jesus would build his church and that many would be converted and grow in grace.
1. Nishi Nakada. This is where Sendai Evangelical Church is located. We have meetings here 3 days a week. We get 20-30 people here on Sundays to worship because right now we are dividing the congregation in half because of corona. Pray for the non-Christians to be converted and for the believers to grow in grace and not give way to fear because of the virus. May the Lord provide us with land and buildings so we can stop renting.
2. Gamo. At the mission station/chapel here, we have 3 meetings a month here and get up to 16 people. It is an embryonic and hopeful church plant. Many people are sitting on the fence. Pray for God to push them over on the right side.
3. Yuriage. We have a mini-concert here where the tsunami evacuees are housed once a month. Usually about 20 people attend but as yet no one is having beginner bible studies yet though we have been ministering to them since 2011.
4. Yamamoto. The Hallelujah meeting is once a month. Our US friends the Lauers are working hard daily here and have started church services. Pray for conversions.
5. Hitokita. This is where the house we are renovating is located. Hopefully the wallpapering will be done this month and then the inside will be finished. We will start inviting neighbours to events in March. We need to apply for religious tax exemption.
Please pray that the Lord will use us and that we’ll be godly, faithful, clear, bold and energetic..
Enoch walked with God for 300 years. He didn’t die because God took him (Gen 5:24). What was walking with God for Enoch? Did he just hum hymns and pray? No, Enoch was a fiery preacher (Jude 14,15) in the wicked pre-flood world… for 300 years. No wonder Hebrews holds him up as an example of enduring faith (11:5)!
Thank you for your prayers and support!
love from Rod and Glenda