Dear Prayer Partners
It’s cooling down in northern Japan and the leaves are changing colour. Thank you for your prayers!
I was encouraged today when one member in his 70s said after the bible study, ‘All I want is to grow spiritually’. May this attitude become general!
Here is an introduction to some regulars who aren’t yet believers,
- Miss Highbridge - she thinks the miracles are myths but she likes the atmosphere in church, has made some friends and enjoys chatting with foreigners.
- Mr Long Valley - his Korean wife left him and he has been helped by a couple of Korean members who live near him. He will not talk about his spiritual life but sits quietly and attentively.
- The 3 Shady-Room women; Granny, Mother and Daughter spent the night of the tsunami on the roof of their car. Mother and daughter are buddhists but still attend. Their Granny died two weeks ago. May they seek the Lord afresh.
- Miss True Food wants to marry a Christian and is studying the Bible in preparation. But does she have any spiritual interest?
- Mrs S was baptised as Christian when she was a student but gave up and married a Buddhist. She is very regular at Gamo but says she doesn’t believe!!
So there is lots to pray about there!
Attendance at our mini concerts in the tsunami area has been good but no serious inquirers yet. We have one planned for 14 Nov. Craft and evangelism at Gamo on 5th Nov, and Hallelujah meeting on 19th at Yamamoto. And of course the non-stop preaching and teaching every week. Please pray for us to be faithful, bold and clear and for Christ to be formed in every believer. We should visit UK soon but in the present Covid situation it seems difficult. Please pray for guidance.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
love from Rod and Glenda